Meetme Conference Configuration in Asterisk
Configuration of Meet-Me Conference in Asterisk or Elastix or FreePBX
Meet-Me Conference is a feature which allows the leader or host to initiate a conference by dialing meet-me conference number and allows participants to join the meet-me conference number directly. The meet-me number is PIN enabled whereas the host or the leader has to enter the Admin PIN after dialing the meet-me number and the participants also has to dial User PIN after dialing the meet-me number. This is a kind of authentication feature in meet-me conference. In meet-me conference you can have maximum participants up to 20.
Configuration of Meet-Me in Asterisk
- Login to Asterisk/Elastix/FreePBX Gui.
- Navigate to PBX > PBX Configuration.
- Click on Conferences.
- Click on Add Conference.
- Conference Number > Enter the conference number that you would like people to dial to initiate meet-me conference.
- Conference Name > Give a name to the Conference.
- User PIN > Enter a numeric PIN which user should dial for authentication once they are connected to the mee-me conference.
- Admin PIN > Enter an Admin PIN which the Admin/Host/Leader should dial for authentication and start the conference once they are connected to the meet-me conference.
- Join Message > If you have some prompt or audio which you would like to play as to the caller before they join the meet-me conference. Select the prompt from the drop down menu (if you have any).
- Leader Wait > If you would like the participants to wait before the conference is started until the leader joins the call.
- User Count > If you would like to announce user’s count on joining conference.
- User join/leave > If you would like to announce when a user is joined or left.
- Music on Hold > If you would like to enable Music on Hold when the conference has a single caller.
- Record Conference > If you would like to record the conference, select Yes.
- Maximum Participants > Select how many participants you would like to have in the meet-me conference.
- Mute on join > If you would like to mute everyone initially when they join the conference.
- Click on Submit Changes.
Testing Meet-Me Conference in Asterisk
Requirements: 3 Softphones
Softphone A – Leader
Softphone B – Participant
Softphone C- Participant
- Dial the meet me conference number from Softphone B (participant). Enter the User PIN. Record your name followed by # key.
- Dial the meet me conference number from Softphone C (participant). Enter the User PIN. Record your name followed by # key.
- If Softphone B (participant) will speak anything, Softphone C (participant) will not be able to hear anything since the meeting has not yet started.
- Dial the meet me conference number from Softphone A (leader). Enter the Admin PIN. Record your name followed by # key.
- Now if you notice, the conference has started since Softphone A (leader) has joined the call.
- Now from Softphone B (participant), end up the call.
- Admin/Leader will hear that a participant has left the conference.