Retrieving and Downloading Asterisk Voicemail via Web and Phone
How to listen and download Voicemail from Web?
There are two ways to listen to voicemail but there is only one way to download the voicemail in Asterisk (FreePBX or Elastix). The one method is using the Phone where you can just listen to the voicemail whereas the other method is via Web where you can listen as well as download the voicemail.
How to listen to the Voicemail from IP Phone (Softphone)
- By default *97 is the number to listen to your voicemail. So from your Phone dial *97 and make a call.
- Enter the Password you created for the Voicemail.
- Once successfully authenticated, you will get a menu option which will prompt you to listen to the voicemail, delete voicemail etc.
In case you are not sure what is the number configured in Asterisk to listen to voicemail, follow the below steps:
- Login to Asterisk
- Click on PBX > PBX Configuration
- Click on Feature Codes
- Search for Voicemail and you will see the results.
How to listen and download the Voicemail from Web Page
- Enter the Asterisk URL “http:<AsteriskServerIP>”
- Enter the User Name and Password you created for the user’s extension
- Click on Submit
- Navigate to PBX and Click on Voicemail
- Click on List if you would like to listen to the voicemail.
- Click on Download if you would like to download the voicemail. The voicemail will be downloaded in a WAV file format.